Code of Conduct
The purpose of this code is to establish guidelines and expectations for players and parents that are involved in our program. This code extends beyond the players because of the required commitment that must be made by the player’s family. This contract is between the player signing below and the CGSA-Extreme Board of Directors. Parent’s signature signifies parental understanding, support, and agreement with Player Code of Conduct.
In order for player to remain in good standing with CGSA-Extreme, player must agree to-
Practice Dress Code
You must wear clothing and gear appropriate for practice. This includes ball glove, cleats or tennis shoes, shirts that can be tucked in, athletic sweats or sport shorts. You should not wear mid-drift, halter or short tops, jewelry, pants or nonathletic shorts. You will not be allowed to wear any clothing with profane, offensive, or inappropriate slogans, sayings, or innuendo. You will not wear clothing that promotes sex, drugs, alcohol or tobacco. The coach may ask you to sit out of practice if he or she feels you are not properly prepared for practice.
Game Dress Code
You must wear your assigned uniform and have proper gear for games. This includes shirt, shorts or pants, long socks, visor or hat, cleats, and ball glove. All shirts MUST be tucked in for games. Per ASA rules, no jewelry of any kind is permitted during game play. If you choose to arrive at or leave from games in clothing other than the official uniform, you will not be allowed to wear any clothing with profane, offensive, or inappropriate slogans, sayings, or innuendo. You will not wear clothing that promotes sex, drugs, alcohol or tobacco at or near tournaments or games.
Unless otherwise directed by a coach, you will remain in the dugout throughout the game. It is expected that you will remain focused on the game and supportive of your team and program at all times. You are required to maintain a sense of fairness, cooperation, and sportsmanship at all times. You must work to avoid negative comments. Other players’ feelings and emotions must be considered at all times, and insulting or derogatory remarks will not be tolerated. Negative comments toward CGSA-Extreme coaches will not be tolerated. Issues or questions should be privately directed to the coaches in a reasonable and timely manner. You should never directly or indirectly address the umpires. It is the Head Coach’s job to discuss any disagreements with the umpires. Any cheers, sayings, or comments should be focused toward encouraging fellow Extreme players and not directed toward the opposing team or players. Keep in mind that while you may not find something you said hurtful or derogatory, it is not your opinion that matters – it’s the opinion of those around you that we must consider. This should never be an issue.
While each coach is allowed to establish attendance rules for his or her particular team, it is understood that CGSAExtreme is a competitive program and, therefore, CGSA-Extreme expects the highest level of dedication from you. CGSAExtreme is dedicated to creating the best players and teams possible, so a commitment to a set practice and game schedule is expected. Players who fail to regularly attend practices or games will accept reduced playing time or other reasonable punishment deemed necessary by the coaching staff or Board.
Teamwork and Sportsmanship
Your attitude is essential to your success.
“The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” ~Babe Ruth
CGSA-Extreme prides itself not only on our ability to produce high quality and competitive fastpitch teams, but high-quality and productive young women. We expect you to become confident and develop integrity to carry you throughout life. We promote skills and lessons on the field that we believe will help you develop into a responsible and contributing adult in our community. You are expected to contribute to not only your own growth and development, but that growth and development of your team, your teammates, and our program. Your attitude is essential to our success.
Code for Players
- I will represent myself, my family, my team, and CGSA-Extreme with dignity, honesty and integrity at all times.
- I will play with pride and intensity no matter the circumstances of the game, and will always encourage my teammates to do the same.
- I will support my teammates and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
- I will be courteous and respectful to my teammates, coaches, and parents, as well as opposing players, opposing coaches, and game officials.
- I will not argue with game officials for any reason.
- I will refrain from any outbursts of anger, temper, or poor sportsmanship. I will never act in an unsportsmanlike manner. This includes using profanity, vulgarity or obscene gestures.
- I will never direct negative or critical cheers or comments toward anyone.
- I will not use vulgar or offensive language or gestures, regardless of the circumstances.
- I will not become hostile, nor will I ever resort to violence towards anyone.
- I will do no harm to any facilities or fields, nor will I intentionally damage team equipment.
- I will not permit myself to participate in or be a part of any illegal activities that may reflect poorly upon CGSAExtreme. I will respect and obey local, state and federal laws to the best of my ability.
- I will never use, condone, or encourage the use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco or tobacco products.
- I will always accept the responsibility of being a role model for younger girls in the organization who look up to me and want to follow in my footsteps.
Code for Parents / Guardians
1. I will conduct myself responsibly at all practices, games, and events.
2. I will be responsible for the actions of my guests.
3. I will remember that the game is about the players and only the players.
4. I will refrain from coaching my child during practices or games unless I am asked to do so by the coaching staff.
5. I will be a positive role model at all times and promote good sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy to players, coaches, game officials, and other spectators.
6. I will not engage in profane, insulting, harassing, or abusive language or behavior towards anyone.
7. I will not become hostile nor will I ever resort to violence towards anyone.
8. I will not engage in any behavior or action that could endanger the health and well being of any player.
9. I will refrain from using any alcohol or tobacco products or illegal drugs near any members of the team.
10. I will not argue with game officials or other spectators for any reason.
11. If I have concerns or problems with coaching methods or decisions, I will discuss them in a civil manner with the head coach, outside of the presence of the players. If I am angry I will refrain from discussion for 24 hours.
12. If I am asked to leave the premises by game officials or coaches, I will do so immediately.
Failure to abide by the aforementioned code of conduct may subject a player, parent/guardian or guest to one or more of the following disciplinary actions by the CGSA-Extreme Board or coaches:
1. A verbal warning from the coach or Board member.
2. A written warning from the CGSA-Extreme Board President.
3. A one or more game suspension during which the offender may not participate or be present as a player, or spectator.
4. A suspension for the remainder of the season in which the offender may not participate or be present as a player or spectator.
5. A permanent suspension from any future participation or involvement in the CGSA-Extreme softball program.
The CGSA-Extreme Board reserves the right to terminate a contract with any player at any time upon consensus of the Board. The player and parent will be notified of any organizational reprimand or possibility of termination before the Board takes any action. The player or parent may file an appeal with CGSA-Extreme, but appeal must be filed within 10 business days of official Meeting of Reprimand and must be filed directly by the parent to the CGSA-Extreme Board President. The Board will consider and determine the validity of any appeal within 10 days of receiving an appeal.
All rights reserved – Cheyenne Girls Softball Association